Microsoft has released Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016. UR9 provides updates for System Center Service Manager (SCSM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCSM) and Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4549437/description-of-update-rollup-9-for-microsoft-system-center-2016
For Ochestrator there are no updates in Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2016. Today the latest Update Rollup for System Center 2016 Orchestrator is UR8 (https://sc-orchestrator.vasol.eu/update-rollup-8-for-system-center-2016-orchestrator-has-been-released/) and for System Center 2019 it is UR1 ( https://sc-orchestrator.vasol.eu/update-rollup-1-for-system-center-orchestrator-2019-has-been-released/).
To get information about the fixes and how to obtain the update see the description for each component:
- Data Protection Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4534063
- An additional a layer of authentication is added for critical operations. You will be prompted to enter a security PIN when you perform Stop Protection with Delete data operations.
- Added a new parameter -CheckReplicaFragmentation in the Copy-DPMDatasourceReplica cmdlet. The new parameter calculates the fragmentation percentage for a replica. More information.
- Operations Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4546986
- Enables support for MSOLEDBSQL driver so that customers may move from SQL Server Native Client. It is recommended to install Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL) to enable support for OLE DB Driver.
- Among others this isue has been fixed: In a scenario where SCOM monitors 100s of virtual machines hosted on a single Hyper-v server; every hour the MonitoringHost.exe of each Virtual machine write into the VM page file simultaneously. Due to this concurrent paging, every hour disk I/O increases and database becomes unresponsive. HealthService.exe now have Memory Trimming enabled by default on an hourly schedule. A registry key is provided to disable the memory trimming and control the duration.
- Service Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4546987
- Enables support for MSOLEDBSQL driver so that customers may move from SQL Native Client. Manual steps are required to use MSOLEDBSQL driver with SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS)!
- Fixes somes issues for the End Use HTML5 Portal
- The SCCM Cconnector supports the SCCM 1806, 1810, 1902, 1906, 1910 releases.
- Virtual Machine Manager: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4549434
- With SCVMM2016 UR9, you can deploy Ubuntu 18.04 Virtual machines now.
- Support for VM Console connect using ‘Enhanced session’ has been added. Read more.
- Some issues fixed, for example “Incorrect display of OS version for WS 2019 Domain controller VMs“